Working at the Grant Farm means making a difference.
Working at Grant Farm is not only about making a living. It’s about making a difference in the world. We choose employees and consultants—and they choose us—because we share a profound commitment to improving the world we share. We know that the work we do improves national energy and water security, enhances global air and water quality, and leverages private investment while creating jobs and economic opportunity.
Grant Farm clients have high expectations.
We are routinely required to juggle competing priorities and multiple tasks, work long hours, and demonstrate a high level of dedication to our clients and their projects.
Our employees and consultants love the work and believe in the cause.
If you share our enthusiasm, commitment, and passion to growing great ideas, we invite you to apply for an open position with our growing team.
Current Job Opportunities
Contract Proposal Writer
Grant Farm is seeking skilled professionals with extensive experience in producing high-quality, deadline-driven written deliverables, preferably about topics in renewable energy, advanced transportation, manufacturing, conservation, and, to a limited extent, their intersection with social justice. Candidates should possess a lengthy portfolio of writing samples, strong critical thinking skills, and a high degree of comfort leading information-gathering interviews with CEOs, engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, project managers, and marketing professionals.
The contract writer will be responsible for writing narrative content for grant proposals submitted on behalf of our clients to a variety of California and federal agencies, including the California Energy Commission, CalRecycle, the California Air Resources Board, and the US Department of Energy. Contractors must ensure that written deliverables meet all requirements of both the granting agencies and Grant Farm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and understand relevant Program Opportunity Notices and Requests for Proposal.
- Create a variety of grant proposal documents, including project narratives, scopes of work, executive summaries, and fact sheets. Position does not typically require completion of routine forms, resume/letter collection, or proposal submission.
- Write according to Grant Farm and agency templates, success criteria, deadlines, and formatting/content requirements.
- Attend regular and ad hoc proposal calls with Grant Farm, clients/partners, and subject matter experts.
- Revise proposals based upon input from multiple project stakeholders and Grant Farm personnel.
- Excellent written communication skills (samples and references are required)
- Past success with writing narratives for grant proposals.
- Ability to synthesize complex material and express it in a clear, logical manner responsive to agency criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience writing about renewable energy, advanced transportation, manufacturing, conservation, and, to a limited extent, their intersection with social justice.
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with teammates, while maintaining the ability to write independently.
- B.A./B.S. or higher in a STEM field or another discipline—such as accounting, construction management, or technical writing—that requires similar levels of rigor and clarity of thought.